Matching grant program
|Thank you for your interest in the MOST 529 Matching Grant Program. The 2013 program application period has expired. Please continue to check this website for application information for the 2014 Matching Grant Program.|
MOST 529 Matching Grant ProgramTo help Missouri families save more money for higher education, the State of Missouri and MOST--Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan have partnered to offer the MOST 529 Matching Grant Program.* If qualified, you could receive matching contributions of up to $500 to your MOST 529 Plan account.
Important: Matching grants are only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that funds are limited, and there is no guarantee you will receive MOST 529 Matching Grant funding.
How do I qualify?
You qualify if:
- You're a MOST 529 Plan account owner or you open a plan account when you apply for a matching grant.
- Both you and the beneficiary are Missouri residents.
- You're a parent or legal guardian of the beneficiary.
- Your beneficiary is age 13 or younger (at the time you're first approved for the matching grant).
- The adjusted gross income for your household is $74,999 or less.
- Your application is postmarked during the enrollment period.
If you qualify and your application is approved, the contributions you make to your MOST 529 Plan account may be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $500. The match is dependent on the availability of program funds. You'll need to submit a new application each year.
Important dates for the 2013 program
|June 1, 2013||Application process opened.|
|June 30, 2013||Final date for applications to be postmarked.|
|August 31, 2013||Notification of approved applications completed.*|
|January 2014||Matching funds added to your MOST 529 Plan account.**|
Download frequently asked questions [PDF]
* Please note that approval of your application does not guarantee you'll receive funding from the MOST 529 Matching Grant Program because funds are limited.
** Matching Grant Program funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order in which applications are received. Matching grants are dependent upon funding limitations, as overseen by the Missouri Higher Education Savings Program Board, and there's no guarantee of the continued operation of the MOST 529 Matching Grant Program.