How to make withdrawals

Time to pay those education bills? You can make withdrawals from your MOST 529 account online, by U.S. mail, or by phone.


  1. Log on to your account.
  2. Choose the appropriate account number.
  3. Select Make a Withdrawal.
  4. Select Qualified Withdrawal or Non-Qualified Withdrawal and then follow the rest of the instructions.
  5. Submit your request.

By U.S. mail

  1. Download and print our Withdrawal Request Form.
  2. Complete all sections of the form and sign where indicated.
  3. Mail your completed form to:
    MOST—Missouri's 529 Savings Plan
    P.O. Box 219212
    Kansas City, MO 64121-9212

By phone

You'll need to provide your account, beneficiary, and school information, as well as the student's ID number.

Call 888-414-MOST (888-414-6678).

Important information

Please allow ten business days (plus mailing time, if applicable) for the funds to arrive.

Some colleges and universities now require a student ID on withdrawal checks. If you request a withdrawal online, include the student ID in the "Memo" field. If you mail your request, include the student ID in Section 3 of the Withdrawal Request Form.

If this information isn't included, it could delay the crediting of your tuition payment to your student's account. Also, be sure to factor mailing time into your planning.

All qualified withdrawals requested online or by phone may be sent:

  • By check to the account owner, the student beneficiary, or the school.
  • Electronically if bank instructions are established on your account.

If you're intending to add or change bank information, please factor in a 15-calendar-day verification period, during which assets can't be sent to the bank.